Fire at Cedar Rapids apartment complex - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Fire at Cedar Rapids apartment complex


Cedar Rapids (KWWL)-- Two people were without a place to call home Monday night after a fire at their two-story apartment complex.

According to the Cedar Rapids Fire Department, a fire broke out in the 1500 block of E Avenue Northeast Monday night.

Fire crews were greeted with heavy smoke when they entered a second floor apartment bedroom.

An adjacent apartment had light smoke damage, as did the apartment below.

18-year-old Candice Barnes rented the burning apartment. No injuries were reported.

Online Producer: Michelle Caldwell

Powered by Frankly