Update: carbon monoxide sickens kids at hotel - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Update: carbon monoxide sickens kids at hotel

FORT DODGE (KWWL)--A malfunctioning furnace at a Fort Dodge hotel is now being blamed for sickening five children.

Authorities first suspected chlorine to have contributed to sickening the children, but they now believe is was carbon monoxide poisoning from the furnace.

Assistant Fort Dodge Fire Chief Kerry Miklo says the children became dizzy and lethargic while swimming at the Travel Inn pool Saturday.

 

Powered by Frankly