UPDATE: Candle sparked CR manufactured home fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

UPDATE: Candle sparked CR manufactured home fire

CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL) -- The Cedar Rapids Fire Department says a candle left unattended is to blame for last week's fire in a manufactured home.

It happened last Tuesday on Leisure Boulevard NE.   

The fire department issued a news release saying a burning candle caught nearby combustibles on fire and the flames spread throughout the home.

The manufactured home, located with Fire Seasons Manufactured Home community, is owned by Ben Kinkead, 31.  Kinkead was not home at the time of the fire. 

The Cedar Rapids Fire Department recommends people blow out candles when leaving the room or go to bed.   Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can burn.  Use candle holders that are sturdy, and won't tip over easily.

Online Producer:  JJ Murray

 

Powered by Frankly