Attempt to 'thaw' out home leads to fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Attempt to 'thaw' out home leads to fire

BRITT (KWWL)-- A homeowner's attempt to thaw out his house's water-pipes led to a fire.  

Fire officials say a man used a heat gun to try to thaw the pipes in his home when one of his walls caught fire.

The flames did spread throughout the home, but fire crews were able to contain the fire.

No one was injured.

Online Producer: Michelle Caldwell

Powered by Frankly