House fire sends two people to the hospital - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

House fire sends two people to the hospital

OTTUMWA (KWWL) - A fire caused heavy smoke damaged an Ottumwa house and sent two people to the hospital.

The man and a woman, were taken from the home and treated in an ambulance at about 7 p.m. on Tuesday before they were taken to the Ottumwa Regional Health Center.

Firefighters say the fire started in the house's basement. It didn't do much damage to the main floor, but there was smoke damage throughout the house.

Online Executive Producer Nate Leding

Powered by Frankly