Dubuque fire leaves students homeless - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Dubuque fire leaves students homeless

Posted:

Dubuque (KWWL) - Several college students in Dubuque are now without a home.

Around 9:30 Thursday morning, a fire started in the upstairs of a home on West 5th Street in Dubuque. Four people were home when they noticed smoke and called 9-1-1.

Dubuque fire officials say the cause of the fire was electrical. They say the top floor has moderate to heavy smoke and fire damage.

No one was hurt. The students' landlord is relocating them to other properties.

 

Online Reporter: Jamie Grey

Powered by Frankly