UPDATE: Fatal fire accidentally started - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

UPDATE: Fatal fire accidentally started

CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL) -- A fatal fire Monday night at 1524 A Ave. NE was accidentally started.  They say 34 year old Muhamed Oliver placed a mattress against a baseboard heater to stay warm.  The mattress caught fire and spread to the rest of the home.

74-year old Bobby Booker died in that fire.  11 others were hurt.  Oliver will not face any charges.

Online Producer: Mike Verlo
Powered by Frankly