$23 million in FEMA funding cleared for UI projects - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

$23 million in FEMA funding cleared for UI projects

DES MOINES (KWWL) -- Gov. Culver, Congressman Dave Loebsack and UI President Sally Mason announced $23.3 million in FEMA funds are in the final approval stages for three recovery projects at the University of Iowa.

The FEMA funding will cover 90 percent of the project with the University paying the remaining 10 percent.

The largest project is to stabilize and clean first floors and tunnels around campus. The money will also restore the Art Building West and to lease space for the art department while the building is being repaired.

Online Producer: Jenn Jarvis

Powered by Frankly