DCI release of two-year-old death - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

DCI release of two-year-old death

LITTLETON (KWWL) -- Here is the release sent out by the Division of Criminal Investigation:

Autopsy Results Released in Kehoe Death Investigation

Today, the Office of the State Medical Examiner completed the autopsy of 2 year old Seth Kehoe.  The cause of death was determined to be sharp force injuries to the neck.  The manner of death is being classified as homicide.

Sunday, October 26, 2008, 35 year old Michelle Kehoe and her two children, two year old Seth Kehoe and seven year old Sean Kehoe, left Coralville around 11:00 a.m.  The three were reportedly headed to Sumner, Iowa. 

They were last seen in Jesup, Iowa at approximately 12:30 p.m. that afternoon, but never arrived at their projected destination. 

Around 8:45 p.m., Eugene Kehoe reported his wife and two children missing to the Coralville Police Department. 

If you spotted Michelle Kehoe or the family's white 2002 Volkswagen Eurovan, Sunday afternoon to Monday morning, please contact the Buchanan County Sheriff's Department at 319-334-2568.

Shortly before 8:00 a.m. on Monday, October 27, 2008, 35 year old Michelle Kehoe, who was injured, went to a residence at 305 River Road Blvd., where she communicated with the occupants that her children were in danger. 

At 8:00 a.m. the Buchanan County Sheriff's Deputies, the Iowa State Patrol and EMS arrived at "Hook N Liner Pond" near Littleton, Iowa, where the Kehoe family mini-van was located, to secure the scene and administer medical treatment. 

Upon arrival, law enforcement found two year old Seth dead near his family's mini-van.  Michelle's other son, seven year old Sean was found inside the mini-van suffering from serious injuries. 

Authorities transported Sean to a Waterloo hospital.  Michelle was taken by air ambulance to Iowa City.  Both Michelle and Sean Kehoe underwent surgery as a result of their injuries.  The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation was called in to assist the investigation, which is ongoing. 

So far, no arrests have been made and authorities have no reason to believe the public at large is at risk.

Powered by Frankly