Five college students escape house fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Five college students escape house fire

Posted:

IOWA CITY (KWWL) -- Five college students living at a home on South Lucas Street made it out of the home safely.

Crews were called to a Iowa City house fire around 7:00 a.m. Tuesday morning.

Investigators say the fire started in a back storage room.  It was caused by smoldering fire wood too close to the building.

No one was injured in the fire.

Fire officials believe it will cost $5000 to repair the damage.

 

Powered by Frankly