Cedar Rapids duplex catches fire, Christmas presents saved - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Cedar Rapids duplex catches fire, Christmas presents saved

Posted: Updated:

A family's duplex catches fire, but fire crews were able to save holiday cheer. 

Cedar Rapids fire crews responded to a duplex fire around midnight, Friday, at 369 15th St. SE. When crews arrived, they found heavy smoke and fiery conditions on the back side of the home. The fire seemed to be coming from the upstairs. 

There were three adults and seven children in the home at the time, but all were able to make it out safely. 

Firefighters were able to save the Christmas presents under the tree, and the tree itself from the first floor. 

No one was injured in the fire and it is currently under investigation. 

Powered by Frankly