Utility worker shocked, taken to hospital - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Utility worker shocked, taken to hospital

Posted: Updated:
HUDSON (KWWL) -

Hudson Police say a worker with Traer Municipal Utilities is in the hospital after being shocked.

Police Chief Jeff Marsh says the 51-year-old was working on a transformer box yesterday afternoon when he came in contact with a high-voltage line.

Chief Marsh says the worker has severe electrical burns, but was breathing when he was taken to the hospital.

It happened at the intersection of Schrock Road and Highway 63.

There were two other workers there at the time.  They called 911 for help.

Police say the shock knocked out the power to 90% of the town for almost three hours.

Powered by Frankly