Fire causes major damage in Dubuque County - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Fire causes major damage in Dubuque County

Posted: Updated:

A garage fire causes at least $100,000 worth of damage in Graf.

It happened on August 18th around 1:20 a.m. at 571 Graf Road.

The Epworth Fire Department says when firefighters arrived, they found the garage completely on fire and the fire extended into the duplex. Two vehicles were in the driveway at the time and were also affected. 

Firefighters were at the duplex for over three hours to check for hot spots.

The garage is destroyed and there is extensive damage to the living area that was attached. The other side of the duplex has light smoke damage. The damage is estimated at $100,000.

The duplex is owned by Mark and Theresa Merkes and at the time of the fire, Bryan Moreland was inside. He was able to get out without any injuries.

The Epworth Fire Department says the fire was accidental, there was no damage to any other buildings, and no one was hurt. 

The Epworth Fire Department was assisted by the Dubuque County Sheriff's Office and Maquoketa Valley REC.

Powered by Frankly