Residential Fire, Cedar Rapids - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Residential Fire, Cedar Rapids

Posted: Updated:
(KWWL) -

A fire broke out in the attic of a Cedar Rapids home, Thursday, July 20.

The Cedar Rapids Fire Department was called to 1208 39th Street Drive NW, around 7:30 to a report of an attic fire.

Crews encountered light smoke and charing of the rafter. They removed part of the ceiling and the burnt materials. 

Two adults, three children, and a dog were home at the time, and made it out safely. 

The family was displaced, and will be staying with relatives.

The fire was deemed to be started by wiring in the attic. No injuries were reported. 

Powered by Frankly