Monticello apartment complex evacuated over formaldehyde spill - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Monticello apartment complex evacuated over formaldehyde spill

Posted: Updated:

An apartment complex was evacuated this morning after Linn County HAZMAT responded to a hazardous liquid spill inside.

At approximately 7:30 a.m.,  the Monticello Police Department was dispatched to an apartment building in the 300 block of East First St. for a hazardous liquid spill.

Police say someone who lived in the building had a 1 gallon glass jar with a pig fetus in formaldehyde. The jar broke spilling the liquid in the kitchen area of the apartment. Apartment residents were evacuated for safety precautions.

Linn County HAZMAT, was called in to clean the area. Also assisting was the Monticello Fire Department.

Powered by Frankly