Two cats saved from Charles City house fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Two cats saved from Charles City house fire

Posted: Updated:

The Charles City Fire Department saved two cats from a house fire at 902 E St. The fire started around 10:45 a.m.

When fire crews got to the scene, smoke was coming from the roof. They found the fire near the ceiling in the kitchen and bathrooms. They quickly started knocking down majority of the fire. It did spread up into the roof.

No one was home at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported. The two cats are doing fine.  

Investigators say an electrical issue from an exhaust fan in the bathroom started the fire. There is fire, smoke, and water damage to the home.

The CCFD was assisted at the scene of the fire by the Charles City Police Department, AMR ambulance, Floyd County Search and Rescue, Floyd County EMA, and MidAmerican Energy.

Powered by Frankly