Magnifying glass causes small fire at Waterloo retirement commun - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Magnifying glass causes small fire at Waterloo retirement community

Posted: Updated:

Fire crews say a small fire started at Landmark Commons in Waterloo this morning.

According to Waterloo Battalion Chief Marty Freshwater, a man was using a magnifying glass to read the newspaper. He left the room, and light came through from the patio and started the couch on fire. 

Firefighters told our KWWL crew on scene that no one got hurt, and the fire was isolated to one apartment unit. Crews also say there is some smoke and water damage. 

Landmark Commons is a retirement community associated with Friendship Village

Powered by Frankly