Northern Iowa man faces trial in January in kidnapping case
MESERVEY-- A northern Iowa man accused of kidnapping and torturing his girlfriend is now set to stand trial next year. The Mason City Globe Gazette reports (http://bit.ly/2eoVThd ) that 41-year-old Charles Raymond Albright, of Meservey, will stand trial on January 24th. Albright entered the not guilty pleas earlier this week to charges of kidnapping and willful injury. Court records say the woman was held for 12 to 14 hours on Oct. 7 in Meservey, where she was punched, slammed against a floor, shocked with a stun gun and bitten by a dog. She also told officers she was then taken to Sheffield, where he continued attacking her. Her injuries included burns, sinus damage and broken bones in her face as well as bruises on her body and face.
Leslie Hospitality owner Edwin Leslie says he doesn't have anything to hide, and to prove it he invited the public to view all of the documents, emails, agreements, and financial statements related to the deal at a public meeting this morning.