Dryer catches fire inside Cedar Rapids apartment - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Dryer catches fire inside Cedar Rapids apartment

Posted: Updated:
CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL) -

A dryer catches fire inside a man's apartment.

It happened at 10:00 p.m. Tuesday night at 220 28th Street Dr. SE in Cedar Rapids. When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke on the second and third floors.

Fire crews were able to quickly extinguish the flames in the laundry room area. Many people living in the apartment were evacuated to safety.

No one was injured.

The dryer was destroyed and firefighters removed it from the building. Fire crews ventilated the area to clear smoke so residents could return.

The fire is being considered unintentional.

Powered by Frankly