UPDATE: Gas stove behind leak that lead to evacuations - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

UPDATE: Gas stove behind leak that lead to evacuations

Posted: Updated:
WATERLOO (KWWL) -
UPDATE:
MidAmerican Energy crews determined a gas leak that lead to 10 mobile homes being evacuated was caused by a gas stove that was unhooked.
A spokesperson with the company says no one was in the home where the stove was disconnected, and crews are venting out the property. They also determined gas levels are at a safe level.
Repairs are expected to be complete on Thursday afternoon.
No injuries were reported from the leak.
PREVIOUS STORY:
Some homes on Memory Lane in Waterloo are getting evacuated after a gas leak is reported. 
A spokesperson at MidAmerican energy tells KWWL the leak is impacting a mobile home park in the area. The leak was reported at 10:11 on Thursday morning.
MidAmerican crews are at the scene working to fix the problem.
As of 11:15, the gas hasn't been shut off in the area. 
Crews are currently trying to figure out the cause.
Powered by Frankly