Early morning fire in Dubuque caused by "careless smoking" - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Early morning fire in Dubuque caused by "careless smoking"

Posted: Updated:
(credit: TH Media) (credit: TH Media)
  • KWWL.com LinksMore>>

  • Dubuque News

    Dubuque News

    Local news and information for Dubuque, Dyersville, Epworth, Peosta, Cascade, Farley, Asbury, Balltown, Luxemburg, New Vienna, Holy Cross, Durango, Sherrill, Dubuque County and the Tri-States area.More >>
    Local news and information for Dubuque, Dyersville, Epworth, Peosta, Cascade, Farley, Asbury, Balltown, Luxemburg, New Vienna, Holy Cross, Durango, Sherrill, Dubuque County and the Tri-States area.More >>
DUBUQUE (KWWL) -

Firefighters responded to an early morning basement apartment fire in Downtown Dubuque.

It happened on the 1100 black of Locust Street shortly before 7 a.m. on Monday.

Officials says the fire was started by "careless smoking."

The one man living in the apartment was awaken by the smoke detector, called 911 and the fire was put out.

It caused minimal damage.

There were no injuries.

Powered by Frankly