Smoke evacuates assisted living residence - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Smoke evacuates assisted living residence

Posted: Updated:
CHARLES CITY (KWWL) -

Fire crews responded to smoke coming from an assisted living facility in Charles City.  All 30 residents were safely evacuated from Apple Valley Assisted Living at 801 Blunt Parkway.

The cause of the smoke was due to an overheated fan motor on a furnace.  There was not any other damage to the building, and everyone was able to return inside within 20 minutes of evacuation.

Powered by Frankly