New Details in Tyler Sash Death - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

New Details in Tyler Sash Death

Posted: Updated:

A new police report from Oskaloosa Police shows new information in the death of former Iowa Hawkeye football player Tyler Sash.

Police say Tyler's mother, Barnetta, found him dead laying on the couch in the living room of their home with the television on.  After discovering her cellphone wasn't working, she went to a neighbor's home to call police.

Police say Tyler had been dead for "some time," and there were bottles of Gatorade and other "non suspicious" items around him.  Barnetta also told police Tyler hadn't been sleeping well and was recently in a lot of pain from his shoulders.  She says he was also dealing with allergies.

Tyler's girlfriend told police that he fell from a ladder the Friday before his death, injuring his shoulder.  She says he seemed disoriented ever since then.  She sent him a text the night before Tyler's death, but he did not respond.

The Iowa Office of the State Medical Examiner says Sash died from accidental mixing of methadone and hydrocodone, two very powerful pain medications.

Powered by Frankly