No injuries in Cedar Rapids house fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

No injuries in Cedar Rapids house fire

Posted: Updated:

No one was hurt when a Cedar Rapids house caught fire.

According to the Cedar Rapids Fire Department, the fire started around 11:30 a.m. in the 3300 block of Mansfield Ave SE. 

According to firefighters, it started when someone put something on top of the stove and accidentally turned the burner on. A man living at the home was able to get out safely and got his two dogs out, too.

There's some fire damage in the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the house.

Powered by Frankly