Cat knocks over candle, sets house on fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Cat knocks over candle, sets house on fire

Posted: Updated:
  • KWWL.com LinksMore>>

  • Cedar Rapids News

    Cedar Rapids

    Local news and information for Cedar Rapids, Marion, Hiawatha, Center Point, Mt. Vernon, Central City, Robins, Alburnett, Fairfax, Palo, Ely, Lisbon, Springville and the surrounding Linn County area.

    More >>

    Local news and information for Cedar Rapids, Marion, Hiawatha, Center Point, Mt. Vernon, Central City, Robins, Alburnett, Fairfax, Palo, Ely, Lisbon, Springville and the surrounding Linn County area.

    More >>
CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL) -

A fire broke out in a Cedar Rapids home after the homeowner's cat knocked over a candle.

Fire crews were called to 122 19th Street NW around 1:30 a.m. Sunday morning.

When crews got there, they found the basement on fire.

It had heavy fire damage and there was smoke damage throughout the house.

A working smoke detector alerted the two people live there.

The Cedar Rapids Fire Department says no one was hurt.

Powered by Frankly