Archdiocese investigates 30-year-old sexual abuse claim - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Archdiocese investigates 30-year-old sexual abuse claim

Posted: Updated:
DUBUQUE (AP) - The Archdiocese of Dubuque is investigating a sexual abuse claim against a former Iowa pastor 30 years after the alleged abuse occurred.

   The Telegraph Herald reports that the claim, made last year against a former Dubuque pastor, alleges the man sexually abused a minor in 1985. Efforts by The Telegraph Herald to reach the man for comment Wednesday were unsuccessful.

   Director of communications John Robbins says the accuser's attorney brought the allegation to the Dubuque County Attorney's Office. He says criminal investigation isn't expected because of the statute of limitations.

   The former pastor, now working at a Florida parish, has been placed on administrative leave during the investigation.

   Reports show that in 2013, the Archdiocese of Dubuque paid $5.2 million to settle sexual abuse claims with 26 people.
Powered by Frankly