Dryer sparks Butler County house fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Dryer sparks Butler County house fire

Posted: Updated:
GREENE (KWWL) - An Eastern Iowa family lost nearly everything in a fire this weekend. It happened in Greene on Saturday night. 

Michael Hayner's wife was away from home while his six year old and one year old were at their grandparents. He says he threw a load of laundry in the dryer, then took off. 

"I was gone for two hours if that, came back and the house was up in flames," said Hayner.

Hayner says the smoke was thick, but before calling 911 he went inside anyway.

"I head the dogs barking and stuff in the house, got them out and got them put them in the van."

But before leaving the burning home Hayner was also able to grab one more thing, his son's wheelchair but they're not sure the wheelchair will work. Six-year-old Gage has cerebral palsy and needs that wheelchair.

"He walks with a little reverse Kaye walker short distances but long distances he needs the wheelchair," Brandy Hayner.

If you would like to help the Hayner family: http://www.gofundme.com/glr7ic
 







Powered by Frankly