Marion fire blamed on bare electrical wires - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Marion fire blamed on bare electrical wires

Posted: Updated:
MARION (KWWL) - A Monday morning fire at a Marion home is being blamed on a bare spot in electrical wires.

The Marion Fire Department was called to 1485 9th Street at around 10:31 a.m. for a report of a fire in or behind the home.

Crews arriving on scene say they found smoke coming from the eaves and from behind the home. There was fire damage to the rear of the home near a kitchen window.

Lieutenant Jim O'Brien says the homeowner, who was home when the fire started, was able to put it out with a garden hose.

O'Brien says the fire was caused by bare wires arcing in an outdoor electrical outlet.


Powered by Frankly