Readlyn man died of smoke inhalation in Sunday fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Readlyn man died of smoke inhalation in Sunday fire

Posted: Updated:
READLYN (AP) -

Authorities have released autopsy details about a man found dead inside a northeast Iowa home that was damaged by fire.

The Iowa Office of the State Medical Examiner says 64-year-old Richard Michael Elliot died Sunday at his residence in Readlyn.

The cause of death was carbon monoxide poisoning due to smoke inhalation.

The autopsy report says the manner of death will be certified as an accident.

Firefighters were dispatched to a fire at the residence a little after 7 p.m. Sunday. The cause of the fire is undetermined at this time, but authorities do not suspect foul play.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly