17-year-old Atkins teen accused of bomb threats at Benton school - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

17-year-old Atkins teen accused of bomb threats at Benton school

Posted: Updated:
BENTON COUNTY (KWWL) - A 17-year-old boy was taken into custody Wednesday for allegedly threatening staff and other individuals at his school, as well as making a bomb threat, earlier this week.

The Benton County Sheriff's Office said they referred an unnamed 17-year-old boy "from the Atkins area" to Benton County Juvenile Court after a two-day investigation from threats the student allegedly made earlier this week.

The boy is alleged to have made threats toward staff at Benton Community School in Van Horne earlier this week, as well as making a bomb threat and other threats toward individuals at the school, according to the sheriff's office.

The boy is charged with two counts of first-degree harassment, which are aggravated misdemeanors.

Benton County Sheriff Randall Forsyth said the investigation is continuing.
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KWWL. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Sandy Youngblut at 319-291-1259. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.