Have frozen pipes? Financial help is on the way - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Have frozen pipes? Financial help is on the way

Posted: Updated:

Financial help is on the way for some homeowners with frozen pipes.

Officials with the Black Hawk County Gaming Association say they'll provide $125,000 administered through Waterloo's Operation Threshold.

Eligible homes need to be owned by a family whose income level is at or below 150 percent of the federal poverty level. For a household size of one person, that amounts to an income of $17,235.

"This particular issue is difficult for that, and it's difficult to label it a 'disaster,' I think, for those (who) aren't suffering through it," said Waterloo Mayor Buck Clark. "But for those folks (who) go to turn on their water and they don't have any because their service lines are frozen, it's a disaster."

The money will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis for people in Black Hawk, Bremer, Buchanan, Butler, Chickasaw, Grundy, and Tama counties.

Black Hawk County residents can call the Waterloo Operation Threshold office at (319) 292-1868. Buchanan County residents can call (319) 334-6081. Grundy County homeowners can call their Operation Threshold offices at (319) 824-3460.

For Bremer, Chickasaw, Butler, and Tama county residents, they can call the Community Action Agencies offices. Those applications will then be sent to the Waterloo Operation Threshold offices.

If you would like to donate towards "Operation Thaw," contact Waterloo Operation Threshold.

Powered by Frankly