Beaman grain bin fire blamed on electrical issues - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Beaman grain bin fire blamed on electrical issues

Posted: Updated:

A grain bin fire in Beaman on Tuesday is being blamed on electrical issues.

The Beaman Fire Department was called to the 19,000th mile of 100th Street in Marshall County about a mile south of Beaman at around 2:52 p.m. on Tuesday for a reported grain bin fire.

Firefighters, who believed the fire was limited to the top part of the bin, brought in a bucket truck at around 4 p.m. to cut a hole in the wall of the bin to drain out the burnt corn. Crews estimate about 5,000 bushels of corn were drained out.

Firefighters were able to clear the scene at around 7:30 p.m..

The Grundy County Sheriff's Office says the grain bin is owned by Stan Neff of Beaman.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KWWL. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Sandy Youngblut at 319-291-1259. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.