House fire displaces Waterloo family - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

House fire displaces Waterloo family

Posted: Updated:
WATERLOO (KWWL) - Five people are without a home Monday morning following a fire in Waterloo.

The fire was in the 200 block of Cottage Grove Avenue.

Waterloo Fire department officials say the fire started in a bedroom, and was likely caused by a space heater that shorted out or was too close to something combustible.

The family was home at the time of the fire, but everyone got out safely.

The fire spread to other parts of the house, and the Waterloo Fire department says the house will be unoccupied for some time.
Powered by Frankly