Neighbors rescue dogs in Cedar Rapids house fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Neighbors rescue dogs in Cedar Rapids house fire

Posted: Updated:
CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL) -

Neighbors are being credited for saving two dogs from a fire at a Cedar Rapids Home Sunday night.  Firefighters say it happened at a home in the 100 block of Broadmore Rd. SW just before 6 p.m..

They say neighbors noticed smoke coming from the roof vents.

When they realized the homeowners weren't there, they opened the back door and rescued two small dogs inside.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the attic.

It's not clear what started the fire.

No-one was hurt.

Powered by Frankly