Sunday, July 14 2013 4:03 PM EDT2013-07-14 20:03:03 GMT
The man who allegedly kidnapped his own daughter leading to an AMBER Alert Friday evening was arrested Sunday. Benton County officials confirm the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation arrested Sean Shannon in Cedar Rapids.More >>
The man who allegedly kidnapped his own daughter leading to an AMBER Alert Friday evening was arrested Sunday. Benton County officials confirm the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation arrested Sean Shannon just before 11:30 a.m. in Cedar Rapids.More >>
SHELLSBURG (KWWL) -
Saturday, 11-year-old Kiley Shannon was back inside her Shellsburg home.
"The great news is the child is located safe and there were no injuries," said Second Deputy John Lindaman with the Benton County Sheriff's Office. "The bad news is we still have a suspect running around that we need to talk to."
Authorities say Kiley was outside with her half-brother Thursday evening. They say her father, Sean Shannon, injured-her brother and took Kiley. The brother is not related to Sean Shannon.
Kiley's mom alerted the Shellsburg police that night. Friday, the Benton County Sheriff's Office was told and they issued an Amber Alert. Less than an hour later, Kiley was found in Cedar Rapids with a woman who had been with her father when he took the child. Police arrested Sean Shannon Sunday on 3rd degree kidnapping charges. Police are questioning the woman and charges are pending.
According to Iowa standards, Amber Alerts aren't issued in a parental abduction case unless the child is in grave danger.
"(He) had a possible history of drug use, there was an assault that occurred during this abduction," said Lindaman. "Relatives of the abductor thought he might possibly be suicidal."
Neighbors and friends, say this was the first disturbance at the home. They say they didn't even hear an argument on Thursday night. All are glad to know that Kiley is back home, safe and sound.
Authorities say the public was never in any danger during this case.
Monday, September 1 2014 5:41 PM EDT2014-09-01 21:41:17 GMT
A publicist for Jennifer Lawrence says the actress has contacted authorities after nude photos of her were apparently stolen and posted online.More >>
The FBI said Monday it was addressing allegations that online accounts of several celebrities, including Oscar-winner Jennifer Lawrence, had been hacked, leading to the posting of their nude photographs online.More >>
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Sandy Youngblut at 319-291-1259. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.