Lit cigarette sparks accidental fire in Iowa City - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Lit cigarette sparks accidental fire in Iowa City

Posted: Updated:
IOWA CITY (KWWL) -

A cigarette that was not put out correctly caused a house to catch fire Tuesday morning in Iowa City.

Fire crews were called to 2713 Hickory Trail at 8:15. The fire was contained to a wooden deck on the main floor of the house.

Crews managed to find and rescue a cat as well. No one was injured in the fire, but officials estimate the house sustained $15,000 in damage. 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KWWL. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Sandy Youngblut at 319-291-1259. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.