Smoke alarms save two peoples' lives in Cedar Rapids fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Smoke alarms save two peoples' lives in Cedar Rapids fire

Posted:
CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL) -

Smoke alarms saved two peoples' lives during a fire in Cedar Rapids Sunday morning.

Firefighters were called to 2049 Franklin Avenue Northeast just before 1 a.m.

Renters Chet and Kelsey Mumby woke up to the sound of smoke alarms. Both got out of the house with no injuries, but they were checked out for possible smoke inhalation.

A dog and a cat also escaped the fire.

Firefighters determined an electrical failure in a bathroom exhaust fan caused the fire.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KWWL. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Sandy Youngblut at 319-291-1259. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.