Three people displaced from Walford house fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Three people displaced from Walford house fire

Posted:
WALFORD (KWWL) -

Three people escaped a Thursday morning house fire in Walford.

Crews were called to the 300 block of First Avenue West for reports of smoke.

Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke coming from the house and roof line.

Officials believe the fire started in the area of a wood-burning stove and spread from there.

"It started the attic on fire, through the kitchen and one living room, and we pulled down the ceiling to contain the fire and put it out," said Mike Sankot, Fairfax fire chief.

No injuries were reported. The structure is believed to be a total loss.

The Red Cross has been contacted to assist those living there.

Powered by Frankly