Unattended cooking blamed for Washington apartment fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Unattended cooking blamed for Washington apartment fire

Posted:
WASHINGTON (KWWL) -

An unattended pan of grease on a stove is being blamed for a Friday morning at an apartment building in Washington.

Crews were called to 210 East 14th Street in Washington at around 8:46 a.m. Friday after the fire was reported.  The caller wasn't sure if everyone had made it out of the building.

Police arrived and determined that everyone was accounted for and the fire department put out the fire.

The Washington County Sheriff's Office says a hot pan of grease on the stove ignited in apartment #1.

Residents of the building will have to find places to stay due to smoke damage throughout the building.

The American Red Cross will assist the residents of the building.

Powered by Frankly