Fire Department: Woman intentionally set clothes on fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Fire Department: Woman intentionally set clothes on fire

Posted:
WATERLOO (KWWL) -

Waterloo firefighters said a fire was started in a mobile home located near the intersection of Independence Ave. and Colfax Dr. in Waterloo, shortly after 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday.

Firefighters said a small pile of clothes were placed on top of a gas stove and intentionally lit on fire by a woman who lived there.

Marty Uting lives nearby and said he helped put out the fire with water with his roommate. He said the fire was put out by the time firefighters arrived.

Firefighters confirmed a woman lit her clothes on fire and refused to leave.

They said she was being taken to an area hospital for a physical and emotional evaluation.

Firefighters said no one was hurt in the fire, and the home sustained hardly any damage.

 

Powered by Frankly