Want weather at your fingertips? On the go? Wherever you are?
Get the new StormTRACK 7 app on your phone or tablet!
StormTRACK 7 features interactive radar, hourly and daily forecasts, current and future temperatures, weather alerts, video forecasts from Eileen and Mark and top headlines from KWWL.com. You can even submit your own photos and videos of how the storm's affecting your town!
StormTRACK 7 for Android (cell phones or tablets)
At this time, the StormTRACK 7 app only works for Android and Apple systems.
Frequently asked questions:
Q. It keeps showing the weather for Independence, but I don't live in Independence. How do I show my city?
A. The default city for the app is Independence, but you can change this easily. Just make sure you delete Independence.
1) Click the button that looks like a house (next to the (i) button on the top right hand corner).
2) Click the plus symbol on the top left hand corner to add another location by city, zip code, coordinates or airport code.
3) Once you've found your location and are back to the "Locations" screen, click the gray star next to your location to change it from gray to gold. Then click the pencil icon next to Independence and delete Independence.
Q. I'm getting too many alerts/not enough alerts. How do I change these?
A. Click on the (i) button in the top right hand corner, then click the "Other" tab under "Settings." You can find all of your options under "Notifications," including the types of alerts you want ("Critical" or "All") and how you want to be alerted "LED lights," "Sounds" and/or "Vibration." You can also choose to not get weather alerts in your status bar.
Q. How do I submit my photos or videos?
A. At the very bottom, scroll to the right until you see a "Submit" tab. Clicking there will take you to a screen where you can either submit a previously-shot photo or video from your phone's gallery, or take a new photo or video immediately and submit it automatically. Submitted photos and videos show up in KWWL's Your Eastern Iowa and may be used online or on air.
Q. How can I get the app to not run in the background?
A. The StormTRACK 7 app will automatically provide the current temperature and notify you when a storm alert has been issued. If you'd rather not have this feature running in the background, complete the following steps:
1) Go to the app and click on the (i) on the top right hand corner.
2) Click the "Other" tab under "Settings."
3) Uncheck "Status bar notifications." Click "Done."
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and KWWL. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Sandy Youngblut at 319-291-1259. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.