Stout home damaged in fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Stout home damaged in fire

Posted:
STOUT (KWWL) -

A family safely evacuated their home Monday during a fire.  The fire started around noon in the 32-thousand block of 120th street in Stout, just outside New Hartford.

One of the residents heard a pop and smelled smoke before safely evacuating the home.  According to the sheriff's office, an electrical box problem caused the fire.  Damage estimates are not known at this time.

The Red Cross is providing the family with shelter, food and seasonal clothes.

Powered by Frankly