The Cedar Rapids Fire Department has released the cause of a fire that damaged a mobile home Sunday afternoon. A spokesman says the fire at Hillside Mobile Home Court was sparked by a natural gas leak. They believe a connector to the stove broke and the gas was most likely lit by the nearby pilot light.
The homeowner was not home at the time of the fire. The fire was spotted by two men doing yard work next door. They saw smoke coming from the eaves of the home and called 911.
The fire department says flexible gas connectors should be replaced every ten years.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Sandy Youngblut at 319-291-1259. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.