Six people displaced after house fire in Cedar Rapids - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Six people displaced after house fire in Cedar Rapids

Posted:
CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL) -

Malfunctioning electrical equipment caused a fire displacing six people in Cedar Rapids.

Two people reported flickering electrical appliances and smoke coming from first floor vents of their home Saturday morning. Those two adults evacuated four children from the house and called 911.

At the scene, Cedar Rapids firefighters noticed smoke coming from the front door. Fire damage was contained to the electrical panel. There was smoke damage to the basement, first floor, and second floor. Some siding was removed to check for fire extension.

The people who live in the home are being assisted by the Red Cross and the Salvation Army. No injuries were reported.

The home is owned by Dave Hartley of Cedar Rapids.

Powered by Frankly