Cedar Rapids salon fire caused by air compressor - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Cedar Rapids salon fire caused by air compressor

Cedar Rapids salon fire caused by air compressor

Posted:
CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL) -

An overloaded air compressor is to blame for a fire Monday evening in a Cedar Rapids salon.

The compressor failed at the Style City Hair Studio located at 1052 Mount Vernon Road SE.  An employee of the salon noticed smoke coming from vents on the first floor.  Customers were evacuated after the employee found the basement filled with smoke.  

When firefighters arrived they found the air compressor had overheated and caught fire.  They extinguished the fire and ventilated the building.  

The incident has been ruled an accident.  No one was injured.  

 

Powered by Frankly