Marion house fire blamed on charcoal grill - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Marion house fire blamed on charcoal grill

Posted:
MARION (KWWL) -

The Marion Fire Department says a charcoal grill is to blame for an early morning house fire.

Firefighters were called to 1786 George Drive at around 4:11 a.m. for a report of a house fire.

When crews arrived, the found a portion of the home engulfed in flames.  They were able to get the fire under control in about 20 minutes.

Two people inside the home were waken up by neighbors and were able to escape.  There were no injuries.

Investigators say the fire started on a deck where a charcoal grill had been used on Sunday evening.

Powered by Frankly