Study: Kids hospitalized for swallowing objects has doubled - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Study: Kids hospitalized for swallowing objects has doubled

Posted:
WATERLOO (KWWL) -

The number of kids visit the emergency room because they swallowed button or batteries has doubled over the past twenty years. That's according to a new study.

They found 66,000 children went to the emergency room because they swallowed a battery, or they placed it in their mouth, ear or nose.

Batteries that are swallowed can cause major internal damage within hours.

Powered by Frankly