Toaster causes Charles City house fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Toaster causes Charles City house fire

Posted:
CHARLES CITY (KWWL) -

A fire that originated in a common household appliance killed two pets Monday afternoon.

Rescuers arrived on the scene in Charles City just after 2:30 p.m. They said the fire started in a toaster.

The worst damage was in the kitchen, and part of the living room. There's moderate to heavy smoke damage in the home.

No people were hurt.

Powered by Frankly