Man rescued in Cedar Rapids apartment fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Man rescued in Cedar Rapids apartment fire

Posted:
CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL) -

Firefighters rescued a Cedar Rapids man from a 2nd floor apartment during a fire.

It happened at Hawthorne Hills Apartments on C St. SW.

A passerby saw the flames and called authorities.

Fire crews arrived to find the apartment filled with smoke and a 61-year-old man unresponsive on the floor.

He was taken to a Cedar Rapids hospital.

Crews aren't sure yet what sparked the fire.

Powered by Frankly