Block heater suspected in Cedar Falls fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Block heater suspected in Cedar Falls fire

Posted:
CEDAR FALLS (KWWL) -

Fire crews say they suspect a block heater may have sparked a garage fire in Cedar Falls on Thursday morning.

Firefighters were called to 1926 W. 3rd Street in Cedar Falls just before 7:30 a.m.  When they, arrived, they found lots of smoke coming from the home.

Crews tell KWWL that a truck inside the garage was hooked up to a block heater and they believe the block heater may have shorted out, sparking the fire.

There was extensive damage to the garage, but the house was fine.

A man, woman and dog living in the house all got out safely.

The fire remains under investigation.

Powered by Frankly